BASEL, Switzerland, April 8, 2014
- Competition explores tellurian hurdles by constrained images
- The Award thesis is âScarcity-Wasteâ
- Open to professionals and amateurs, with $65,000 in prizes on offer
/Emag.co.uk/ â Syngenta currently announced that a second Syngenta Photography Award is now open for entries. The Award aims to kindle discourse and emanate recognition around poignant tellurian hurdles by absolute photography.
The Syngenta Photography Award invites veteran and pledge photographers from all over a universe to contention applications in dual categories â a Professional Commission and a Open Competition. The Award offers sum esteem income of $65,000, including a $25,000 veteran commission. Images from a Award will be exhibited in March 2015 during Somerset House, one of Londonâs many renowned humanities and enlightenment venues.
The thesis of a second Award is âScarcity-Wasteâ. It draws courtesy to arguably a biggest plea a universe faces: how can we safeguard there is adequate land, food and H2O for destiny generations? The resources we use and a rubbish we emanate currently means we already need a homogeneous of one and a half planets.
Mike Mack, CEO of Syngenta, said: âThe success of a initial Syngenta Photography Award has demonstrated that photography is a absolute middle to encourage a deeper bargain of tellurian challenges, and has a ability to enthuse us to find ways to emanate a some-more tolerable future.â
Entries will be judged by a renowned general row chaired by author and curator William A. Ewing. âI am gay to have been invited for a second time to chair a jury sessions of a Syngenta Photography Award and be partial of a moving jury discussions,â pronounced Mr. Ewing. âI was deeply tender with a peculiarity of work submitted for a initial Award, and we now demeanour brazen to learn some-more superb work from veteran and pledge photographers underneath a new theme.â
The focus deadline for both a Professional Commission and Open Competition is September 15, 2014.
Notes to a editor:
- Media inquiries relating to a Syngenta Photography Award can be addressed to: Anna Cusden or Melissa Emery during Sutton PR, email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org, +44 (0)207 183 3577
- The foe is now open for entries and closes on September 15, 2014
- The Award is giveaway to enter
- Applications to a Syngenta Photography Award contingency be submitted by completing a online focus form during www.syngentaphoto.com
- The Professional Commission is for veteran photographers whose vital income is subsequent from photography. They are invited to contention between 5-10 images along with a artistic plan offer associated to this yearâs âScarcity-Wasteâ theme
- The Open Competition is open to both veteran and pledge photographers. They are invited to contention between 1-3 images exploring a Scarcity-Waste theme
- The shortlist of finalists will be announced during a finish of November 2014
- The winners will be announced during a Syngenta Photography Award rite in March 2015
The members of a judging row are:
William A. Ewing (Chair) â Curator, Photography Author, Director of Curatorial Projects during Thames Hudson Publishing (Canada)
Iata Cannabrava â Photographer (Brazil)
Stephen Dunbar-Johnson â President, International, The New York Times (United Kingdom)
Ekaterina Inozemtseva â Chief Curator during Multimedia Art Museum (Russia)
Marcus Lyon â Photographer (United Kingdom)
Mike Mack â Chief Executive Officer, Syngenta (United States)
Liu Heung Shing â Photographer and Photo Editor (China)
Open Competition advisors:
Simon Roberts â Photographer (United Kingdom)
Malu Halasa â Writer and editor (Jordan / Philippines)
The Syngenta Photography Award
Launched in 2012, a Syngenta Photography Award was combined to kindle discourse around pivotal tellurian hurdles and to settle an critical height to try issues of tellurian stress by photography. For a initial competition, exploring a thesis of Rural-Urban, 2,500 field from all over a universe submitted their photographs to a Open Competition, including 450 submissions from veteran photographers for a commission. The Rural-Urban muster is accessible online: http://ruralurban.syngentaphoto.com
Syngenta is one of a worldâs heading companies with some-more than 28,000 employees in over 90 countries dedicated to a purpose: Bringing plant intensity to life. Through world-class science, tellurian strech and joining to a business we assistance to boost stand productivity, strengthen a sourroundings and urge health and peculiarity of life. For some-more information about us greatfully go to www.syngenta.com.
SOURCE Syngenta International AG
Article source: http://www.kansas.com/2012/01/25/2191431/focus-on-photos.html