A design ideal day! Get cameras during a ready
â 20 Jun 2014
The biggest detailed foe in Northern Ireland is back.
It’s time to get your cameras and mobile phones during a prepared and get snap happy as a One Summer’s Day foe creates a acquire return.
The Belfast Telegraph has once again teamed adult with a Northern Ireland Tourist Board (NITB) to launch a fifth annual mass appearance photography event. But distinct other competitions, this one is singular in that all a photos entered have to be taken on a same day â Saturday, Aug 2.
And we don’t have to be an consultant photographer to enter.
Mark a date in your diary and on that day take a design that illustrates what Northern Ireland means to you.
It can be anything from a day outing with your family to a print of one of a many beauty spots opposite a country.
Once taken, a sketch should be sent around email to email@example.com with a brief note explaining a calm of a design and what creates it so special and we could be in with a possibility of winning a brief mangle in Northern Ireland, pleasantness of NITB.
The tip 100 photographs will be enclosed in a special commemorative supplement, that will be constructed and distributed in September.
Last year David Flanagan won a adult difficulty with his distinguished design of himself in a Mourne Mountains in Co Down.
Belfast Telegraph design editor Peter Rainey is looking brazen to this year’s entries.
“Since One Summer’s Day was launched it unequivocally has prisoner a imagination of so many people of all ages opposite Northern Ireland,” he said.
But Peter pronounced we don’t have to be a detailed consultant to win, as a pivotal part is calm rather than design quality.
“This foe is about selecting a right place during a right time and capturing a moment,” he added. Ruth Burns, NITB’s finish selling and PR manager, said: “Northern Ireland is packaged with things to do, pleasing landscapes and smashing places to see. We would titillate everybody to put Aug 2 in their diaries so they don’t skip this competition.”
HOW TO ENTER
Entries will be separate into 3 categories â primary school, delegate propagandize and adult. Entrants contingency symbol clearly their age and difficulty when submitting their entry.
Closing date for foe entries is Saturday, Aug 16 with winners to be announced in September. Photographs to be taken ONLY on Saturday, Aug 2, 2014.
Send your entrance around email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief note explaining a calm of a design and what creates it so special
Failure to approve with any of a above manners and regulations will outcome in disqualification. In a run-up to One Summer’s Day on Aug 2, a Telegraph and NITB are seeking readers to tell us where in Northern Ireland we would like to sketch and why. Send your answer with a sketch of yourself in an email to email@example.com.
Belfast Telegraph design editor Peter Raineyâs tip tips for holding a super summer snap
1. Use a peep during a day â You competence consider we should usually use peep during night time or indoors though thatâs not a case. If it is a really splendid day outward and a intent is formulating oppressive shadows on your subject, switch on your flash.
2. Slow down â Take time to consider about what is going on in a viewfinder before dire a shutter. How are we going to harmonise a shot. How are we going to light it? Donât burst true in but giving it some suspicion first.
3. Stop checking a print â Itâs a bad robe digital photographers can develop. Time and time again we see photographers take a sketch and afterwards demeanour behind during a shade true away. By doing that we could skip a special moments.
4. Framing â Use this technique when we wish to pull courtesy to something in your photo. By framing a stage or a subject, contend with a window or an archway, we lead a viewerâs eye to a focal point.
5. Keep it elementary â Donât container too many elements into your image, it will finish adult looking messy.
6. Be wakeful of backgrounds â Whatâs in your frame? So mostly we see good photos and consider âDidnât they see a balderdash bin, nauseous wall, sign, etc?â Itâs not only a chairman or intent in a frame, itâs all else in a credentials that can make or mangle a good photograph.
7. Be studious and persevere â With time, calm and stability we will get improved with any print we take.
One Summer"s Day 2014 - Belfast Telegraph"s fantastic photographic competition